Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The Choice is Yours

From O.H. Pye Funeral Home daily email:

Today you have a choice. You can think about the past and mourn your losses. Or you can embrace the future and live in hope. The choice should be easy – living in the past paralyzes the present and bankrupts the future. So what’s it going to be? 

There’s a book you may be interested in reading: The Power of Now: a Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment, by Eckhart Tolle. 

Ekhart Tolle's message is simple: living in the now is the truest path to happiness and enlightenment. And while this message may not seem stunningly original or fresh, Tolle's clear writing, supportive voice, and enthusiasm make this an excellent manual for anyone who's ever wondered what exactly "living in the now" means. Tolle is a world-class teacher, able to explain complicated concepts in concrete language. You’ll become more conscious of how thoughts and emotions get in the way of your ability to live in genuine peace and happiness. 

Embrace this moment; don’t dwell in the past. Take just a few minutes today to release the past altogether, only being grateful for the joys you shared with your loved one. 

Quotation for the Day 

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. ~Dan Rather
I'm having such a challenging week. I'm still so furious that D would use the kids against me and lie about it. My work situation also seems pretty bleak. The head of Billing admitted that she suspects the company will go under by September 30th. That's 2 months away!

In this moment, I feel like I can't do anything right. This job is an utter disaster. My best friend is disappointed in me. I just feel... off. I'm choosing not to dwell too far in the past... I just need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment