Saturday, June 9, 2018

Redwood Trees

A comedian I enjoy recently got married. He shared an incredible wedding video and it was very moving. Their officiant said something that really stood out to me. He spoke about the redwood trees that their ceremony took place beneath. I don't have the exact quote, but he said that redwoods are totally autonomous above ground, yet their roots are interconnected deep underground, lending strength and support. He said that they (the couple) should be like the redwoods: free to be fully autonomous, yet deeply rooted and connected on a spiritual level to lend support.

I have no desire to get remarried anytime soon. I'm still at the beginning of unraveling my current legal obligations, but I dont have a burning desire to turn around and get married again once it's over.

Someday, I'd like to be like a redwood tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment