Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Finger Splints

Today was another day of measuring/sizing for my finger splints at OT. She gave me a set of cheapy plastic ones to try on one finger to see how they feel and see if they are effective for me. The difference I feel already is SIGNIFICANT in just the few knuckles I have braced. So now I just need a script from my Orthopaedic Surgeon (no prob there, she knows I'm an anomoly and will do just about anything I ask to make sure I am comfortable) and to run it by my insurance company and convince them it is a medical necessity. I think I'll send them the following pictures and see what they say...

Without Splint:

With Splint:


Do you see the difference? Because I sure as hell do. Plus I FEEL a difference. Typing right now doesn't hurt in that finger. I'd forgotten what not being in pain felt like... If this is it, sign me up. I'll start selling my plasma NOW to get my hands taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment