Friday, November 16, 2012

New Wrist Brace

Today started my new schedule with OT and PT. I spent a whole hour in the pool today and I am SORE. But sore in a good way. I'm hoping I learn enough excercises in PT to keep supporting my sloppy joints after my visits run out for the year.

At OT I was fitted with a new wrist brace (finger splints should be arriving in the next 2 weeks). The new brace supports the distal head of my ulna and there is a secondary strap to force my thumb into flexion at the MCP joint. We learned today that my left thumb hyperextends and locks if not supported. This is kind of new for me, but it's been a while since my thumb was really worked on/looked at. Here's a couple pictures:

Back of wrist:


Palm (as best I can):

My wrist is REALLY sore this evening, but I'm assuming that was from 1.5 hours of therapy and a new brace that doesn't act as an immobilizer. We shall see how I feel tomorrow. New PCP told me to avoid taking NSAIDS and other anti-inflammatories. I think I'm due for one tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment