Saturday, August 3, 2013

I Dreamed A Dream...


I love this version. Haven't listened to it in a really long time. The meaning is so different now... living with a chronic illness that slowly takes away everything you love about life.

"I had a dream my life would be... So different from this hell I'm living..."

Its a high pain, low morale kind of day.





Then, on YouTube, while sifting through some of my favorite singers, I come across this gem:

 
Ok, first of all, Brian Stokes Mitchell is my favorite baritone (sorry Dad...) and this song really moved me to remember the bigger picture. Plus epic crescendo's always make my hair stand on end. In a good way.
 
 
Speaking of epic crescendo's, this one gets me every time too:
 


My favorite tenor of all time, Luciano Pavarotti. The final stance when he's singing guts out? He's saying "Vincero! Vincero! Vincero!" which in Italian sounds like "vini-cello." Translation?

I will be victorious.
 
 
 
 
I hear you universe... I hear you. Vincero!

No comments:

Post a Comment