Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Two If By Land!

I've been pretty quiet lately... But today I have something to talk about! Today was my first day of physical therapy on land. I know that doesn't sound too spectacular, since I've been hauling myself around on land my whole life... but it's a little stepping stone for me in this journey, and I'm excited about it. It was HARD. New exercises for me to do at home in addition to my putty hand ones too. We are really getting down to the nitty gritty of why my knees are all out of wack (my muscles being built up so much to maintain stability on one side, completely weak and unstable the opposite way). It's really nice having a PT that "gets it." She doesn't push me beyond my limitations. She questions when things pop or crack, rather than have me "push through it."

Such a blessing.

I see the PCP I adore on the 26th, and the rheumy of doom on the 27th. The PCP actually mailed me an article and brochure about "living with hypermobility syndrome." because she researched it and wanted to make sure I had seen it! LOVE HER. Rheumy of doom just said "thats inconvenient" and wrote me a script for new drugs. Hmph. Guess I know where my allegiance is tied...

No comments:

Post a Comment