Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Discharged From OT

It's hard to believe, but as of today I've been discharged from OT. My most sincere thanks and gratitude go out to Marilyn and Kelly, my compassionate, brilliant, amazingly wonderful OT's. I've already friended one of them on fb, and I'm sure I'll be keeping in touch with the other. I feel overwhelming gratitude to these women, who have been so instramental to helping me achieve the tools I need in order to be successful. They have been nothing but 100% supportive along this leg of my journey, and I can honestly say they have been a blessing.

Marilyn and I were discussing today ways to make splints and braces more "beautiful" and I think I may be on to something... I came across a really cool bracelet on Etsy that I may be able to incorporate into my bracing. And it appears it may be easy enough to make on my own. Marilyn even gave me some extra foam and told me to give it a try - and to come in and show her if it is a success!! :D

Here's the bracelet I was looking at:
 I was thinking I might be able to wrap it on top of my already existing brace, or incorporate it into becoming an actual brace itself. I may have to check out Michaels to see what clasps they have, and possible medallions. Maybe a new calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment