Thursday, March 7, 2013

Music Sets Free the Soul

I've been really listening to lyrics lately... looking for deeper meaning... being able to transport myself to a different time or place by simply letting go into the music and words.

Several songs move me to tears, but a particular song is stuck in my brain lately.

I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons

This song instantly takes me out of my body into a meadow, warming my skin with the sun, fingertips brushing along the tall grass, the scent sweet and fresh. I can't help but close my eyes, tip my chin towards the warmth and spread my arms wide - utter submission of myself to the sensation. As the crescendo builds, I feel the clouds roll in, opening up, pouring down on me. I kneel, giving in...


            So I'll be bold
            As well as strong
            And use my head alongside my heart
            So tame my flesh
            And fix my eyes
            That tethered mind free from the lies

            But I'll kneel down
            Wait for now
            I'll kneel down
            Know my ground

            Raise my hands
            Paint my spirit gold
            And bow my head
            Keep my heart slow

No comments:

Post a Comment