Saturday, September 19, 2020

The Gift of Tears

 I attended a funeral this morning from the comfort of my bed, then from the couch when I was afraid my sniffling would wake people up. 

These are bizarre times we live in. 

The rabbi was the same officiant that oversaw my friends funeral last year. As soon as she started to sing, I recognized her voice and the tears started. 

They haven't stopped. 


I think I'm having a collective grieving moment. I'm grieving my lost friends, my lost bonus parents, my lost marriage, my lost faith, and my lost connection to people as a whole. I felt compelled to write when I started, and now I just want to snuggle on the couch, sip my hot coffee, and look out the window at the crisp fall morning. 

Its been such a weird year.

No comments:

Post a Comment