Thursday, July 25, 2019

Ghost

I saw a ghost today. Pulling off of my parents street onto the main road I saw a familiar car. A familiar driver. I dont know if they saw me. If they recognized my car, even with its newly smashed rear end from a recent accident. I refused to make eye contact and was later puzzled by some erratic driving on their part. I thought back to this time last year. A poorly hatched plot to get back together with my ex boyfriend. Struggling to be happy for a "friend" while my heart was breaking.

Sometimes these ghosts pass through me and I have to take a look at why they visit me. My ex boyfriend has been erased from my life again. He recently reached out and I let myself get overwhelmed. But when I asked if he loved his current girlfriend, he said yes. I had heard enough. Everything blocked and deleted. No more. I will never entertain another thought for him. I refuse to be a backup plan.

It felt right to erase him from my life. I'm finally at a place to let go of it all without panic of what ifs.

That chapter is finally fully closed. I even unpacked most of the boxes from my move back to MI.

I had long forgiven the ghost in the drivers seat. We are all doing the best that we can. He looked content.

More later, but this was bouncing around in my head tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment