Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Deserving

I've never been very good at asking for what I want. For demanding what I feel I deserve. Not at work. Not in platonic relationships. Not in romantic relationships. I have always just accepted what I was handed, harboring secret (and not so secret) resentment along the way. I ran away to MN under the shadow of a lie to go where I wanted and to be with whom I wanted. I was dishonest, but I put myself first. I didnt go about it the right way.

But I learned from that experience. I came clean. I opened up. I embraced honesty at whatever cost. I survived.

This week I had an interview. It went exceptionally well. I received an offer that was "okay," but not mind blowing by any means. I turned in my 2 week notice and for the first time was offered a counter. "What will it take to keep you here? We dont want to lose you."

So I said what I wanted.

And I got it. No strings attached.

I put it out there what I needed and it was given to me.

BECAUSE I DESERVE IT.

Things are turning around. Big things are brewing. Things beyond all imagination. I deserve so much more... this is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment