Tuesday, April 9, 2019

David

It was a year ago on my birthday when I saw you last. You were in attendance at my sister in laws funeral for her father. Worlds collided after many years apart when we realized that you were best friends with my sisters baby brother. We joked about high school memories. We laughed about awkward crushes, the "pretzel position," and a slew of other memories. We exchanged numbers and agreed to get dinner sometime. Fast forward one year and you wished me a happy belated birthday April 6th.

I wonder if you already had made your mind up at that point that you would take your own life the next night?

I will miss your infectious smile, your nervous and slightly awkward laugh, the way you'd stand ever so slightly too close when we talked. I will miss it all, my friend.

I'm sorry you were hurting and alone and took your own life.

Damn, Dave.

May you be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment