Friday, April 5, 2019

A Year

It's amazing what can change and what can stay the same in a years time. A year ago I held space of witness as my beautiful and kind sister in law lost and buried her father. I held space and bore witness to a friend just beginning his journey of healing his own heart. A year ago I was holding my breath, afraid that I might lose my own father.

This year I spent the 4th with many of the same people, my family, my sister in law, my father, and the feeling was very different. We all felt genuinely grateful to be together for my birthday. Glad that we were all together.

There were a few people who were once important to me that probably dont even realize that it was my birthday. Those people no longer matter. The people who DO matter thought of me, reached out, and were there to celebrate another passing year of life. MY life.

39. Big changes are in store for this year.

Hold on to your butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment