Saturday, August 16, 2014

Coming up for air

The hits just keep coming...

Had another surgery in May. I had all the hardware removed out of my fused wrist as I was rejecting it.

I also just lost all my books and keepsakes in the flood we recently had. I'm of the mind at this point that you can't take it with you. It's just stuff. So I'm throwing everything out. I have stopped caring.

Then there's Robin Williams.

Oh Robin...

I don't blame him. I don't shame him. I don't think less of him for taking his own life. I just pray that in the moment of his release he felt the warmth and love of the entire world reaching out to him. He was so loved. But sometimes it's too much.

It hurts me when people call suicide cowardly, or selfish. Robin was a selfless man. He made millions and millions of people laugh. If his one selfish act was to end his internal struggle, I can't judge that.

I HAVE BEEN THERE.

Joe was never described as selfish either. He was warm, caring, and always supportive of his friends. He knows he made a mistake, but he's free now. Time marches on. People move on.

From the film Jack...
"Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day... make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did."

We do the best we can. Never judge another person's struggle.

Even through all the struggles lately, I have found love. Not where I ever expected to find it either. But it's there... complicated and beautiful and strong... and its all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment